Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
- Public Health Foundation Virtual Town Hall Meeting for Professionals2/16/2021 10:56:00 AMJoin the Public Health Foundation for a virtual town hall meeting on the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals on February 23, 2021 from 1-2pm ET. This virtual meeting is an opportunity to provide feedback on how the Core Competencies can better serve the public health workforce.
- Applications are open for the 2021 Strategic Scholars Change Management Cohort2/12/2021 11:06:00 AMDo you work for a state, tribal, territorial, or local health department? Apply today for the 2021 Strategic Scholars Change Management Cohort! Interested applicants must apply as a team by February 16 to participate in this training experience that includes online modules, discussion groups, coaching, and a culminating project.
- NACCHO eLearning Courses and Programs to Build Financial Knowledge and Skills to Support Public Health2/9/2021 3:09:00 PMWith support from CDC, the National Association of City and County Health Officials (NACCHO) offers a series of online courses, webinars, and programs aimed at building financial and resource management skills for local health department leaders and staff. Access the full list of eLearning options on NACCHO's Public Health Finance web page.
- Informational Web Conference: Strategic Scholars Program2/1/2021 2:13:00 PMApplications for the Strategic Scholars Change Management Cohort are now open! Join CSTLTS and the National Network of Public Health Institutes for an informational web conference on Tuesday, February 2 at 3:00 pm (ET).
- Applications are open for NACCHO's Health and Disability Technical Assistance Program1/28/2021 9:45:00 AMThe submission period for the Health and Disability Technical Assistance Program is now open until February 19. This initiative is designed to support local health departments (LHDs) seeking to increase inclusivity and accessibility for people with disabilities in their programs, products, and services. NACCHO welcomes technical assistance requests about the inclusion of people with disabilities in all LHD activities, with a focus on strategic plans, agency policies and procedures, community health assessment and improvement planning, and staff training.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services (EPHS) describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake. On September 9, 2020, a revised EPHS framework and graphic was released. The revised EPHS is intended to bring the framework in line with current and future public health practice.